City seeks to populate boards, commissions
The city of San Marcos is seeking to fill more than 20 boards and commissions with dedicated volunteers from throughout the community.
Residents may fill out volunteer interest forms and send them to the City Clerk’s office by Friday, Jan. 27 to be considered for appointment. The volunteer forms are available at the www.sanmarcostx.gov/boardsandcommissions and may be filled out and emailed to Tammy Cook at email@example.com. The forms may also be mailed to the City Clerk’s office, 630 E. Hopkins, San Marcos Texas 78666 or faxed to 855-246-9100.
Qualifications, duties and the length of service vary according to the board. The City Council appoints members to the following boards and commissions (boards with * have special requirements for some or all positions):
1. Airport Commission *
2. Animal Shelter Advisory Committee *
3. Arts Commission *
4. Citizen Utility Advisory Board*
5. Construction Board of Adjustments of Appeals
6. Cemetery Commission (staff appointed)
7. Charter Review Commission *
8. Civil Service Commission (City Manager Appointment) *
9. Convention & Visitor Bureau *
10. Economic Development Board *
11. EMS Board *
12. Ethics Commission *
13. Historic Preservation Commission *
14. Housing Authority*
15. Human Services Advisory Board *
16. Library Board *
17. Main Street Advisory Board *
18. Neighborhood Commission *
19. Parks & Recreation Board *
20. Planning & Zoning Commission *
21. San Marcos Commission on Children and Youth *
22. San Marcos Industrial Development Corp.
23. San Marcos Youth Commission*
24. Senior Citizen Advisory Board (staff appointed)
25. Sunset Review Commission *
26. Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee *
27. Zoning Board of Adjustments *
Residents are asked to submit their interest forms by Jan. 27, 2017. The City Council is scheduled to review the applications and make appointments at the Feb. 7, 2017 City Council meeting. Volunteers that are appointed will take their seats on March 1, 2017.
• Submittted by the city of San Marcos