Notes from Las Vegas
Here are a few quick notes and observations from Las Vegas — and The Orleans, home of the 2013 Western Athletic Conference — thus far...
• Conferences pick The Orleans for a reason. Less than 12 hours after Gonzaga won the West Coast Conference Tournament, workers removed all paraphernalia regarding the WCC and now it's WAC's turn.
• Fans of Gonzaga travel really well. Everywhere you look, you see a Gonzaga shirt. Heard there were more than 7,000 people inside The Orleans Arena last night for the WCC title game.
• Talked with a few members of both Bobcat teams and they seem ready to go. Road will be tough for Texas State's ballers, but they drew favorable matchups.
• Guess again if you thought that the Bobcat men would be favorites since they swept Seattle University during the regular season. Texas State is a four-point underdog to the Redhawks.
• Check back throughout the day for updates from Las Vegas.
|Here is a banner featuring Texas State in the hallway of The Orleans.||425.82 KB|