City Council Preview
Tuesday, Feb. 19
Citizen Comment Sign Up: 8 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. Citizens who wish to address the City Council during the Citizen Comment period may:
• Sign up in person at the City Clerk’s office between 8 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. on the day of the meeting;
• Email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Fax an online form (www.sanmarcostx.gov/councilmeetings) to (855) 246-9100.
The Citizen Comment period is held shortly after the invocation and pledge of allegiance at 6 p.m. Speakers may address the council for up to three minutes each.
4 p.m.: Proclamations and Honors:
Mayor Daniel Guerrero and the City Council will present proclamations honoring Spay Day, the Society of Mexican American Engineers and Scientists, George Washington Day and General Edward Burleson Day.
5 p.m.: Executive Session, Presentations and Discussions
The City Council will hold an executive session to discuss acquisition of property in the Purgatory Creek area.
In open session, the City Council will receive a report on the Core Four Education Committee and an update on the Youth Master Plan.
The Council will then receive a staff presentation on the city’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program and updates on the Comprehensive Master Plan and the 2013 Community Survey.
6 p.m.: Invocation, Pledges
and Citizen Comment Period
Consent Agenda: Consent items may be adopted on one motion unless pulled for separate discussion and vote.
Some items include:
• Second and final reading of an ordinance amending the San Marcos Smart Code to clean up inconsistencies within the document and setting new standards on building height, parking, and creating a Downtown Tree Fund
• Second and final reading of a new fee in lieu of tree mitigation in the downtown area
• A resolution authorizing the city to apply for a $152,000 grant with a 20 percent match from the Office of the governor, Criminal Justice Division to purchase automatic vehicle locator equipment for police vehicles
• A resolution directing the publication of a Notice of Intention to issue certificates of obligation
• A resolution giving the city’s official intent to reimburse the costs of acquiring an ownership interest in the Thomas C. Ferguson Replacement Power Plant
7 p.m. Public Hearings,
with Staff Presentations
The City Council will hold a public hearing on an ordinance amending the city’s Land Development Code to allow the City council to waive zoning regulations as an economic development incentive and a public hearing on rezoning 2.8 acres at 142 and 148 W Holland St. from “SF-6” single family residential district to “TH” townhouse residential district.
The City Council will consider the non-consent agenda as separate items. They include:
• Considering an appeal of a conditional use permit issued to Zelicks Inc. on Dec. 11, 2012
• Considering on first reading an ordinance adding the city of Buda as a member of the Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
• Considering on first reading changing the composition of the Main Street Advisory Board form 15 members to nine
The council will also receive a presentation and hold discussion regarding the Gas Lamp Public Improvement District.
The agendas for City Council meeting are posted a minimum of 72 hours before the meeting online at sanmarcostx.gov/agendas. Regular City Council meetings are broadcast live on Time Warner Channel 10 and Grande Channel 16 and video streamed live on the City’s website at sanmarcostx.gov.