City council preview for Tuesday, May 7
Citizen Comment Sign Up: 8 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. Citizens who wish to address the City Council during the Citizen Comment period may:
• Sign up in person at the City Clerk’s office between 8 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. on the day of the meeting;
• Email their request to email@example.com;
• Fax an online form (http://www.sanmarcostx.gov/councilmeetings) to (855) 246-9100.
The Citizen Comment period is held shortly after the invocation and pledge of allegiance at 6 p.m. Speakers may address the Council for up to three minutes each or submit written comments.
4:30 p.m.: Proclamations and Honors:
Mayor Daniel Guerrero and the City Council will present proclamations honoring the Texas Natural and Western Swing Festival, Texas State University’s Pack It Up and Pass It On event, Peace Officer Memorial Day, and will present certificates to San Marcos CISD’s teachers of the year.
5:30 p.m.: Presentations
The City Council will receive a presentation on to discuss the San Marcos Fire Department billing for services and a presentation on projects to be funded in the 2013 Community Development Block Grant Action Plan.
6 p.m.: Invocation, Pledges of Allegiance and Citizen Comment Period
Consent items may be adopted on one motion unless pulled for separate discussion and vote. Some items include:
• A resolution approving an interlocal agreement with the San Marcos CISD and Hays County for joint participation in an online bidding system;
• A resolution approving an interlocal agreement with the San Antonio Water System to allow the city’s participation in a cooperative purchasing arrangement;
• Awarding a contract to Wachs Water Services for a water valve assessment, improvement and asset information program for $123,517.50 through a purchasing agreement with SAWS;
• Approving an estimated contribution of $139,206 for aesthetic improvements associated with the Texas Department of Transportation’s intersection improvement projects on IH-35 at SH 80 and Loop 82;
• Approving an estimated contribution of $1,284,909 for utility adjustment and replacement work as part of the FM 2439 (Hunter Road) project;
• Reimbursing Time Warner, Century Link and Grande Telecommunications an amount not to exceed $275,207 for relocating existing lines underground within the Downtown Reconstruction Ph. I Project.
7 p.m.: Public Hearings
The Council will receive a staff presentation and hold a public hearing on an ordinance approving amended and restated Planned Development District standards for the McCarty Commons PDD. The Council will then vote on the ordinance.
The City Council will reconsider an ordinance rezoning Lot 1 of the Craddock Avenue subdivision from “SF-6” Single Family Residential District to “P” Public and Institutional District.
The City Council will consider a resolution allocating Community Development Block Grant funding for the 2013 CDBG action plan.
City staff will give presentations on funding for projects within the proposed Gaslamp Public Improvement District and on the scheduling and status of the CIP Program.
In other action, the City Council will consider:
• An agreement with the Forum for Youth Investment for completion of a Youth Master Plan for $8,600;
• Appointments to the or reappointments to the TIRZ #4 – Paso Robles Board of Directors
The agendas for City Council meeting are posted a minimum of 72 hours before the meeting online at sanmarcostx.gov/agendas. Regular City Council meetings are broadcast live on Time Warner Channel 10 and Grande Channel 16 and video streamed live on the city’s website at www.sanmarcostx.gov/videos.